Strathearn Art Walk 2017: Artist & Vendor Information
Join us Saturday, September 9th, 2017, from 12:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Artist Registration opens May 5, 2017
Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2017 Strathearn Art Walk. We hope that the experience is a valuable one for you.
This information is subject to change. Please check back here for the most up-to-date information.
The Strathearn Art Walk takes place on the parkland along Strathearn Drive between 89 and 91 streets.
Arrival and Setup
- Artists/vendors are asked to arrive between 9:30 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. to begin setting up.
- Upon arrival at the site, please check in at the blue check-in tent. You will be given your spot number and location.
- Feel free to park along Strathearn Drive for unloading and loading. Once you are setup, we ask that you park your vehicle along the north side of Strathearn Crescent.
- All artists/vendors should be set up and ready to go by 12 p.m.
- Each artist spot is 10’ x 10’ and will be marked with spray paint on the ground.
- Each spot is equipped with a 6’ long x 2’-6” wide folding plastic table and 1 folding chair.
- Additional folding chairs will be available from a stack near the check-in tent, on a first come first served basis.
- All other display items are the responsibility of the artist/vendor.
- There are no tents available.
- Artists should bring items such as string, tape, scissors, binder clips, clamps or weights in order to secure their materials. Any materials, stands or tents must be securely fastened to the ground.
- There is no fencing or other apparatus nearby to use for hanging. Artists may bring additional tables, easels, panels, dividers, crates, chairs, etc. as needed to display their items.
- The ground may be uneven and it may be difficult to stand an easel or display.
Other Things to Note
- Artists should bring their own items to process payments (cash box, credit card reader or receipt book).
- ATMs will be available on site.
- Prepare for the weather: Strathearn Art Walk will proceed no matter what.
- There is no power available on site. Please ensure any powered devices are fully charged before the event.
- Many of the artist tents are more than 200’ away from the roadway. We do not have carts or dollies to transport materials and we recommend you bring something such as this if you are concerned about transporting art. If this is a significant concern for you then please contact us at email@example.com.
- There will be a photographer on site to take photos for use in art walk promotion.
- Please note the City of Edmonton does not allow vehicles to drive on parkland.
During The Event
- Customer parking is along Strathearn Drive and in the neighbourhood on a first come, first served basis.
- Bus routes 112 and 322 come within 3 blocks of the art walk site (along 95 avenue). Route 8 comes within 4 blocks of the art walk site.
- A bicycle rack will be provided at the south edge of the site along Strathearn Drive.
- All food will be served from our food and beverage tent within the fenced beer gardens. Minors are allowed in the beer gardens.
- A selection of food items will be available on a first come, first served basis from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Food can be purchased with cash or credit card.
- Vegetarian and vegan options will be offered.
- All beverages will be served from our food and beverage tent within the fenced beer gardens area.
- The refreshments tent will serve non-alcoholic beverages from 12 p.m. to 7 p.m.
- Drinks can be purchased with cash or credit card.
- 6 washrooms and hand-wash stations are available for artists and patrons.
We may use the phone number you provided on the signup form to alert you in case of an emergency.
- All artists/vendors should remain setup until 7 p.m. when the art walk will close. Note that the sun sets at 7:55 p.m. There are no lights.
- The folding table and chair will be collected by art walk volunteers.
- All other cleanup is the responsibility of the artist/vendor.
The Legal Stuff
Artists are responsible for safety and security within their own 10’ x 10’ spot. Strathearn Community League and its volunteers are not responsible for direct, indirect, incidental or consequential damages resulting from any defect or error. In no respect shall Strathearn Community League and its volunteers incur any liability for any damages, including, but limited to, direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of, resulting from, or any way connected to Strathearn Art Walk and its volunteers, whether or not based upon expressed or implied warranty, contract, or otherwise; whether or not injury was sustained by persons or property or otherwise; and whether or not loss was sustained from, or arose out of, the results of, the item, or any action by Strathearn Community League and its volunteers.